Saturday, August 29, 2009
Thursday, August 27, 2009
Vicki and Paul had their friends Murray and Kathy over recently. Murray loves cats as much as Paul. Here is a great photo of me with him.
Every November, Murray grows a moustache to raise awareness about men's health. Here is the website for more information:
Australian Movember website
Not sure if he is doing it this year???? I will keep you posted....
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Sunday, August 23, 2009
Oh boy, was I upset. Paul found a tick on me last night - icky! How could they let this happen to me! It looked just like this.....
This is not the one they pulled off me - Vicki was too freaked out by the size of it to take a photo of the real one. She is used to tiny little ones the size of a pin head on my ears. This was a mega one on the back of my neck!
So to get it off, Vicki and Paul put me on the bed and Vicki lay on me while Paul tried to pull it off with the tweezers. But I wasn't having any of that, and kept shaking my head just when Paul would get close. So Paul lay on me and Vicki held my head still while Paul pulled it off with the tweezers. They got it but not without lots of howling from me plus biting (I didn't break the skin...it was just a warning bite), scratching and kicking...
Anyway it is all good now and Paul and Vicki made up for it with lots of cuddles.
Monday, August 17, 2009
Saturday, August 15, 2009
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
Meet my cousin Arnie. Paul & Vicki stayed with Paul's sister Brenda on the way back from Fraser Island. I am sure Paul is only hugging Arnie because he is missing me.......
I should be happy to share Paul as I know Arnie would have looked after him.
Sunday, August 9, 2009
Saturday, August 8, 2009
Sunday, August 2, 2009
Saturday, August 1, 2009
Thanks to Pemberley, now my Mum, Vicki, has to participate in a tagging game where you learn a bit more about her......I will hand over to her now......
The rules of the Game are:
(1) post 7 facts about yourself AND photos OR
(2) post 10 facts about yourself with no photos, OR
(3) post a childhood picture of yourself.”
I've chosen #1.
1. I got into blogging when NSW Public Libraries did an online Web 2.0 course last year through the State Library of NSW. Here is the course that I did:
NSW Public Libraries Learning 2.0
Here is my work blog that I set up and still maintain:
Vicki's work blog
2. I am passionate about Literacy and initiated a Books 4 Babies program through the Libraries where every new Mother in the local hospital is given a showbag from the Local Public Library which contains a Board Book and material on why it is important to read to your baby right from birth. If you want a copy of the handouts click here and the downloads are on the RHS of the page under Books 4 Babies information sheet.
Blue Mountains City Council website
3. I also blog on the Readers in the Mist blog under the reader name(s) Ishtar and Porphyria.
Readers in the Mist
4. I settled down late in life with someone I knew in High School. We have been married for 10 wonderful years and Batu is our baby.
5. I worked on the Sydney Olympic Games in the Library, in Research, in Sports Programs and then at Games time in the Main Press Centre which serviced print media. It was the most amazing experience to be involved with this International Event. I worked with SOCOG for 7 years.
6. I took a "gap year" when I was 24 and travelled extensively. I landed in Cairo and it was my mission to travel to London overland only using trains, buses and ferries. I went through Egypt, Jordan, Syria, Turkey, Greece, Italy, Austria, Germany, France and finally England. This took 4 months. Then I worked in England and travelled around England, Scotland and Ireland. I have a travel map on my work blog but it is not comprehensive as I have been very lucky to travel to many other destinations for work and pleasure.
7. I am addicted to Scrabble on Facebook and can have anything up to 20 games going at one time......
Here are some photos from my gap year:
These photos are from Egypt, Jordan, Syria, Santorini (Greece) and England......
Thanks Pemberley's Mom, Meme, I really enjoyed digging these photos out!
I also found the photos of me and Batu in the snow - yes we occasionally get snow here!!!
Thanks for Reading!!!!