Thursday, March 17, 2011

Sad news about Colin



Can you remember I farewelled my buddy Colin the Fox Terrier on his round Australia Odyssey. I know that a few of you followed his travels on his blog:

Colin's blog

And this is when they visited before going on their trip....

My blog entry of when Colin came to dinner

His Mum, Marilyn, was much better at sending group emails that I know Vicki and Paul loved receiving. Well, we just got a really sad update to say that Colin passed away.

Back in January, Marilyn discovered lumps in his neck and the vet confirmed lymphoma (cancer in the lymph glands). They decided that as he was so healthy otherwise, and only 7-1/2 years old, to go for the aggressive chemotherapy treatments. Colin had two chemo treatments but then his liver got into trouble....the vet says the antibiotics he had to take every day because of his low white blood cell count, coupled with the chemo drugs, and we presume the lymphoma, have all attacked his liver. On Thursday 3 March, Colin passed away in the company of his Mum & Dad, Marilyn and John.

I know you will join with me in sending out our very best wishes and thoughts to them while they deal with loss. Colin was very special to them.

Colin was my inspiration and mentor. When I saw that he was doing a blog for his Around Australia Odyssey, that's when Vicki and I knew that we could do a blog too. Thanks Colin for showing us the way.

RIP Colin.

xx


9 comments:

  1. Soft purrs and universal Light to Colin's humans...We're so deeply sorry. We know words can't help at this time, but hope that the knowledge of the impact he had will ease their grief a tiny bit.

    -Nicki, Derry and mom Kim from Fuzzy Tales

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sad news I am sad to hear this. I send purrs to his family who will be hurting so much. Hugs GJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry about your friend. I'm sending warming Purrs for Colin's human.
    Hugs
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are so sorry to hear about your friend, Colin. We send comforting purrs to his family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. :( so sorry to hear about your friend, Batu. We send our purrs and prayers of comfort for Colin's family.

    Pip, Smidgen, Minnie, and Hollie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry to hear about Colin. At least he had a good adventure on the way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so very sorry to hear about sweet Colin and I send many purrs and hugs to the family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are sorry about your friend. We send our condolences.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are so sorry to hear about adorable Colin and send his family our deepest condolances; wishing them and you, sweet Batu, comfort at this sad time...xoxo...Calle, Halle, Sukki

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments - get those paws tapping!