Tuesday, August 17, 2010
The Versatile Blogger Award...
Thanks to Annie, Derry and Nicki - they posted this award last week. I had to grab it as I didn't have it and I love, love, love talking about myself.
Annie, Derry & Nicki's blog
As part of accepting this award I have to tell you 7 things about myself.
But wait, I also found a similar one on the Paw Relations blog - Thomas O'Toole, Charlie O'Marley and Lola Fannola - so I took that one too. It has the same rules:
Paw Relations blog
So here are the 7 things I want to tell you about myself:
1. I am a rescue cat - hard to believe isn't it because I am so beautiful. But apparently I was hard to look after in my first family that also had 3 children under 5.
2. Vicki had never owned a cat before so Paul and I had to teach her what to do. (I am Pauls 4th cat).
3. I am named after the Genghis Khan family. Pauls first cat was called Genghis, so the second cat was called, of course, Kubla. Then Paul and Vicki had to get the Khan family tree out to name the next cat - Ogidei. Did you know that between Genghis and Kubla in real life there was a son of Genghis called Ogidei? Then when Ogi died, the family tree came out again to name me. My name is from an obscure off-shoot of the Khan Family tree. I think it suits me.
4. I absolutely love eating Kangaroo meat. I know those of you who don't live in Australia will find it quite shocking that we actually eat an animal that is part of our coat of arms but the smell is absolutely overpowering and I will do anything to eat that gorgeous, yummy 'roo meat!
5. I accidently killed a family member. We used to had a Budgie called Benjy. I was fascinated by him. I used to hang off his cage and one day, the bottom fell off and I got to play with Benjy. Benjy got very stroppy with me and hid behind the TV cabinet and Benjy yelled at Paul to come and rescue him. But apparently the damage had been done and by playing with Benjy I put toxins in his body. Consequently I don't play with birds anymore. I really missed Benjy.
6. Guess how old I am - nearly 12!!! Hard to believe - I know I look fabulous for my age.
7. My favourite toy is a pipe cleaner. I love it so much that I have to hide it so I don't get too excited all the time. I pull it out occasionally to play.
I pass these awards on to anyone who reads this and doesn't have them!